Thursday, June 6, 2019

Another Fall

Unfortunately Grandpa fell out of bed again this morning at 4:30.  This time I didn't see him have a seizure and seemed aware of everything the whole time.  I tried to get him up but he wasn't able to help so I put a pillow under his head and left him there while I got a wet cloth to cool him off.  In about 15 minutes he wanted to get up and eventually he was able to help me get him on his feet.  After going to the bathroom he went back to bed and went to sleep until after 7:00. While watching him for awhile and wondering what I could do to keep this from happening I had the impression that I needed to get an adult bed rail.  When I got up I found one and it will be here on Monday.  Pray that he doesn't fall until it comes.  Last night when he fell he knocked everything off of the nightstand and pulled the curtains and curtain rod down.  I got the curtains rehung and when dad began to complain that he hurt I looked him over and realized that he had a big bruise on his hip and saw that he had injured his ribs.  I worried that he may have broken his rib so I decided I'd better take him to the hospital just to be safe.  After x-rays of his hip and ribs and lungs he was cleared to go.  They said he just had a bad contusion and he could take Tylenol for it.  He is fine now and is enjoying Bill and Bev and Penny who came for a visit today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment