Sunday, June 9, 2019

Quilting Lesson #4

I want each of my quilts to have piece of me on them.  When I was hand quilting, the whole quilt was my handiwork, but I realized when I started machine quilting that I missed that feeling of accomplishment because the machine did all the work.  Of course much goes into getting a quilt put together and then sewing it and binding it but it wasn't the same for me.  I had an idea that on each of the baby quilts that I did I would do a little hand quilting of something that related to the particular quilt.  When I did the dog quilt I hand quilted a dog bone and on another some hearts.  Yesterday I finished my eighth quilt and I hand quilted pink flowers to go along with the pattern of the quilt material I used.  In thinking of each of you my grandchildren I want to encourage you to put your personal mark on your life.  Leave a little bit of you in each thing you do.  Let your personal integrity tell those who know you that your word is your bond.  Let them see your fruits and know that they are good.  Show them what a passion for living a good life can be like.  I have so much confidence in each of you.  Get up, get busy, and be wonderful!  You've got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment