Friday, June 14, 2019

Speechless!

Some background to something that happened at dinner tonight.  Last night I heard Grandpa on the monitor at about 10:15 and so I got up to make sure he was okay.  I turned the hall light on and opened the door.  He was tangled up in the bed rail and was pretty frustrated trying to get out of bed.  I went over and untangled him.  Put the bed rail down and helped him to the bathroom.  I then got him back to bed, covered him and raised the bed rail.  I then decided to go to bed so I went back into the other part of the house to turn off lights and the air conditioner before going to bed.  When I got back in the room he was again trying to get out of bed.  I got him settled back in, climbed in bed as well and he again started to get up.  You can probably see where this is going.  I told him to lay down and go back to sleep but he wasn't having any of it.  I got up, lowered the rail and he went out into the family room.  I followed him out and realized that he wasn't going back to bed, so I turned the TV on, got him settled on the couch and began working on a quilt I'm doing.  At 2:00 a.m. I had finally had enough and told him we were going to bed.  He slept until 5 a.m. and then I helped him use the bathroom and then we both went back to bed until 9 a.m. this morning.

Now back to my story.  After I got our dinner ready tonight I sat him down at the table and then I said a prayer for us to bless the food.  I also asked in the prayer that we would have a "re-spite" from the challenges of the night before.  As soon as I made the error in pronunciation He loudly said, "res-spit!"  I stood corrected and amazed at what goes on in his mind some times.  I hope that we sleep well tonight, in spite of the error of my ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment