Sunday, June 2, 2019

Quilting Lesson #2

When you are starting a quilt you  have to begin with the end in mind.  When I am ready to start a new quilt I look at Pins of completed quilts done by others.  As I see the end product especially as I am deciding what to do it helps me decide how much time I am willing to put into it.   I also like to think about a beautiful baby being wrapped in one of my creations.   With the quilts I am making now my plan is to donate them to a hospital for the maternity ward (I'm not sure they call it that any more!)  and hopefully they can be given to new mother's who may not have the support and help that we can take for granted.  I think that we each must begin with the end in mind in each thing we do.  For us that is easy because we all understand this life is our time to prepare to meet God and each day those things we do can directly affect our desire to return honorably to a loving Heavenly Father who will also wrap His arms around each us us.  It is my hope that when that time comes he can say to me, "well done my good and faithful servant."   I hope each of you have that desire too!   

No comments:

Post a Comment