Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Blessing #16 of 30

I am so  grateful for the little things that make life easier.  When I visited the North Dakota Duncan's I sat and watched in awe as Aunt Becky made pie after pie for Miriam's  graduation open house.  I was especially amazed when she pulled out a little gadget that peeled, cored, and sliced apples.  It was great.  After tasting her wonderful apple pie I became a new lover of apple pies.  In preparation for the Thanksgiving feast we were planning I decided I'd go in search of the apple pie peeler that she had used.  I visited a number of stores before I found mine at Big Lots.  I was so excited-- I felt like a child with a new toy!  Not one to let a good gadget go to waste I made TWO apple pies.  And on Thanksgiving morning I peeled 5 pounds of potatoes!  By the way I'm very grateful for Aunt Becky because her pie was so good I asked her what kind of apples she used.  Her reply was "the cheapest ones!"  So gala apples filled my pie shells and they made the best and sweetest pies imaginable.  I call this a blessing because it truly is the little things that can give us the greatest joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment