Monday, December 14, 2020

Blessing #20 of 30

 

I am so grateful and feel blessed that I have memories.  After caring for Grandpa and also growing older where memory issues can be very frightening, I appreciate those times that I can remember things in my life.  On Saturday I took flowers to my parents grave site and then to Grandpa's grave.  When I left the Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Cave Creek, instead of going straight home I decided to wander a little in the area where I grew up.  After a visit to the ward building of my youth I headed up Central Avenue.  That was the teenage drag strip where on Friday and Saturday night we would get into a friend's car (actually their parents car) and we'd drive up and down Central Avenue waving at friends we knew and for me loving it but hoping my parents never found out I was doing it!   As I was driving south I had the thought that Grandpa and I lived in our first apartment after we got married just off of Central Avenue.  I thought, "I wish I could remember where it was." And all of the sudden I remembered the address!  301 W. Medlock.  Just like that in a moment of clarity I remembered an address from almost 50 years ago.  Sure enough it wasn't a minute or two later that I saw the street sign for Medlock and turned right.  I drove right to the apartments that was to be our first home.  I guess you have to be me to appreciate this story but I am so grateful that I remembered.  Memories are such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment