Friday, December 25, 2020

Blessing #24 of 30

Jesus Christ.  When I finished reading the Book of Mormon earlier in the year I decided that I would read it again but at the same time I would read the New Testament.  It has been one of the best decisions I have made about scripture study.  Each morning I read a chapter or two from the Book of Mormon and then I do the same reading from the New Testament.  It is wonderful to come to know the Savior even better as I go from scripture to scripture.  On the title page of the Book of Mormon it reads:  The Book of Mormon Another Testament of Jesus Christ.  On the title page of the New Testament it reads: The New Testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  When Lehi sent his sons to go back to Jerusalem and get the sacred records from Laban, Nephi experienced extreme challenges in the process but he testified after returning to his father;  "And we had obtained the records, which the Lord had commanded us, and searched them and found that they were desirable; yea, even of great worth unto us, insomuch that we could preserve the commandments of the Lord unto our children.   Wherefore, it was wisdom in the Lord that we should carry them with us, as we journeyed in the wilderness towards the land of promise."  As I go back and forth in each set of scripture I have had so much clarity about the great blessing we were given of having the opportunity to come to know and better understand the love that Jesus Christ has for each of us.  He sacrificed everything for each of us and knowingly gave up his life to give each of us the opportunity to live again.  When grandpa died I knew where he was.  I knew he was whole again,  I knew that the time would come that I would see him again.  Jesus Christ is truly our Savior and Redeemer.  I am truly blessed because I know that this is true.  Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment