Monday, December 14, 2020

My Second Home

I went to the church building that was my second home on Saturday.  It was the first Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building I had ever been in.  I went to Primary each week.  To Sunday School each Sunday, partook of the Sacrament and listened to hundreds of speakers who taught gospel principles and bore testimony of Jesus Christ.  We had church potluck dinners, Blue and Gold Balls, and other activities that were unique.  My brothers played basketball in the gym and went to many a Scout meeting there.   I loved my MIA classes. I had amazing teachers in each organization and couldn't wait for the next meeting.  We had church dances on Saturday nights, and roadshow productions that were always the best in the stake.  "Pigs! What's the matter with these pigs today?  Pig's!  They smell in the most unusual way."  The title of the Roadshow that year was, "How Roast Pigs Came to Be!"   It was a magical time in my life full of wonderful memories, dedicated leaders and teachers.  My brother left on his mission from that ward and Grandpa and I had our wedding reception in that building.  Your Uncle Bill was blessed in that building.  Your Great-grandpa had his funeral services in the chapel.  When I drove up the street and saw my old church a rush a wonderful memories came to me.  It was even more beautiful than I remembered.  As I drove around the parking lot I had such an incredible sense of well-being.  I had come back to my second home and I felt welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment