Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Blessing #19 of 30

Yesterday I baked six different kinds of cookies and I loved it because when I was done I had some cleaning to do!  I love a clean house and I love cleaning my house.   It is a blessing to have things to do and for me I was blessed to have had a mother who loved and kept a clean house and taught me how.  I sometimes wonder how she managed to do it but I don't remember any house we lived in not being spic and span.  I remember sitting on the floor beside her as she ironed shirts and other clothes for people and made 10 cents an item.  She made it seem so easy and even in the heat of the summer I don't ever remember hearing her complain.  She started working at a drug store managing their soda fountain when I was in 6th grade and I still can't remember ever coming home to a messy house.  She would often walk in from work and go right into the kitchen  to start dinner.  I can't count the number of times that she went over to my Aunt Erma's to help her clean her house.  I love having a smaller area to clean now and it certainly isn't terribly difficult to get everything done in an hour or two but whenever I am cleaning I often think of my mom.  She was an amazing woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment