Friday, January 23, 2015

Johnny's Brother

This will probably only make sense to our family but today I found out that Johnny Robeck has a brother--Frank!  I have mentioned before that I often see names that make me think of people I know or have known.  Today I found a probate file for Frank Robeck and began to sing Sweet Grandma's song.  One day there was a little boy came walking in the store.  He bought a pound of sausages and placed them on the floor.  Then he began to whistle--he whistled up a tune.  And all those little sausages they danced around the room!  Oh Mister, Mister Johnny Robeck how could you be so mean--You ground up all cats and dogs in your old sausage machine.  Not exactly the right words but when my kids were little my mom would sing this song to them all the time and we would laugh and laugh.  They all turned out okay so don't worry about the damage...you should hear the second verse!!!  My mom had the "funnest" songs she used to sing to our kids and one time when Bill was about 18 months old she started singing this song about a camel.  It was wonderful and went on for quite a while.  The minute it finished he looked at her and said "Sing it again, Grandma!"  Unfortunately, she had made the whole thing up so it was a one time treat.  One time when I visited her in the Alzheimer facility in Mesa they had someone playing the piano and they were all singing old tunes.  She hadn't seen me and so I stood back and watched for a while.  Tears came to my eyes because although she didn't know who I was most of the time, she sang every single song without missing a beat.  My mom loved music.

No comments:

Post a Comment