Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Storm Watch

Sister Missionaries are Awesome!
We are having so much fun just experiencing things that had never happened to us before.  Take the weather.  The day before Thanksgiving it started to snow and 12 inches later and two and a half days without electricity we had our first introduction to a snow storm. Now jump forward to January.  We get an alert on Sunday evening saying a huge storm is expected with anything from two to three feet of snow coming with it.  I vividly remembered what 12 inches looked like so I was feeling a little nervous and I also knew I needed to find a few things that we could eat that didn't require any cooking if the electricity goes out.  Ben had told me that grocery stores are pretty hairy at times like this so I chose the most expensive store in Concord and went shopping on Monday.  I only needed a quart of milk, some fresh fruit, and a loaf of bread.  My thought process was that the cheaper stores would be more crowded than the most expensive one.  I was right.  I went in and picked up what we needed and was out in about 20 minutes.  Check that off.  Now we wait!  At about midnight Monday it started snowing here and continued to snow until about 7:00 p.m.  The governors of New York, Massachusetts and New Hampshire all told us to stay off the roads--and we did.  I worked on a Pinterest project, read another great book, watched some TV, spent time on the computer, and invited the sister missionaries to come to dinner when I saw them cleaning off the snow from our car.  The Elders had called the night before to tell us that we weren't to worry about the snow on our car because they would be cleaning it off for us.  As it turned out the Sisters had sent the Elders over to a widow's house to clean her driveway so they wanted to clean our car off.

Now after all of that I will tell you the results of all of this preparation, worry, and appreciated prayers.  Only SIX inches of snow, electricity fully functioning
through the whole process, and back to work today.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment