Sunday, January 4, 2015

Walking on Water

I had done some heavier reading lately and decided I would finish reading the last in a series of books by Richard Paul Evans entitled The Walk.  The final book was about the main character finishing the walk that he started in Seattle, Washington and finished in Key West, Florida.  I read three of the five books and there were wonderful gems throughout each one.  For me the gospel perspective was always present and I never had to feel uncomfortable reading this book because he kept it enjoyable without trying to shock your senses. Two of the things he wrote really spoke to me because of the journey analogy.  He wrote, "The further along we get on our life journey the more we wonder about those who traveled before us and paved the road."  That is actually on my mind a lot probably because we continually have glimpses into people and their past.  It has made me think about my parents, grandparents, and the many greats who came before them.  They are my heroes for so many reasons.  Another profound thought that caught my attention was, "Whether we realize it it or not, we are all on a walk...none of us know what experiences we'll face or who we'll meet along our road.  The best we can do is set our hearts on a mark in the distance and try to make it.  For some the road will seem long, while, for others, it will end all too soon.  There will be days of clear skies and pleasant walking, and there will be long, bitter stretches trudged through storms.  But either way we must walk."  Since my blog is about my "joyful journey" this wonderful book spoke to me in so many ways.  If you have a chance, give this series of books some consideration.  There are great lessons on faith, forgiveness, and hope.  You will also learn many wonderful things about traveling across our great country.

No comments:

Post a Comment