Sunday, October 28, 2018

Home

We owned three homes in Victorville.  I loved each one of them but the only one I cried when we left it was our house on Apple Creek.  I cried because that was the house where each of our children grew up in.  There were so many wonderful memories that I still cling to.  When we first got there it was wide open and over the years it finally was completely built up.  I remember the boys working feverishly to dig a whole in the lot next to our house so they could have a swimming pool.  I don't think it ever had water in it but they spent hours getting it ready.  I still picture Uncle Andy sitting on the curb down on the corner waiting us to get home because Bill was being mean to him.  I think of the hours spent riding bikes, playing with friends, learning to drive, and camping in Mojave Narrows or bird watching.  It was a great place to raise kids.  I loved our other houses but just in different ways.
14000 Apple Creek Dr
Believe me our house didn't look like this.  It was white with yellow trim (another fun story)
and had a white picket fence on each side of the front yard and rose bushes all along the fence.

28000 Fairway Rd
Still the same as when we left it with the exception of the
mock cherry tree in the front yard.  Those tall junipers were in our neighbors yard
but they brought us a wonderful cacophony of birds singing each morning. 

10938 Rockaway Glen Rd
We only lived here two years but it has been a perfect house for us.
I loved decorating it and making it feel like a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment