Sunday, October 28, 2018

Work

Grandpa worked for the City of Victorville and the County of San Bernardino but the job he loved the most was being a school teacher.  This picture is the last school he worked before he retired.  A special treat was that Ava went to Kindergarten while he was still teaching.  He loved working there--and the parents, students, and staff loved him.
Galileo Elementary School
I started working as a substitute teacher when Amy was in first grade.  I did that for two years and then got hired to work in the Personnel Office with the responsibility to call the substitute teachers for the school district.  After a few years they started a new position to specifically assist the Principal so that they would be in the classroom helping teachers be better at their job.  My responsibility was to do all the behind the scene things that keep a school going.  It was a dream job and I loved going to work every day.  I started at Village Elementary School but spent over 17 years at Green Tree East.  I was there long enough to start having children of my students come to Green Tree.  The best part was having Perry and Ellis with me for many years.
Green Tree East School.  My office was on the left side of the coyote.  From there
I could see Mojave Narrows, the trains going up and down the track, and students
coming and going.

No comments:

Post a Comment