Sunday, October 28, 2018

Schools

When I was growing up I started at Washington Elementary School (Grades 1-8) and finished at Washington High School.  Grandpa started at Creighton Elementary School (Grades 1-8) and finished at North High School.  I am proud of say that your dads and Aunt Amy all attended the same elementary school when we got here.  Irwin Elementary, Victor Junior High, and Victor Valley High School.  I learned something very important about education from your parents.  None of these schools were considered the cream of the crop schools.  Many of our friends sent their kids to more prestigious schools in the area.  I also learned something very important from that experience.  Most education comes from within the walls of your home.  Your grandpa taught your parents to love learning.  I think I taught them that you never give up and in spite of difficult situations we don't run away or hide from unpleasant experiences.  Those two things made all of the difference and I believe have made your parents the amazing adults they have become.

Irwin Elementary School

Victor Junior High School
now boarded up and abandoned.

Victor Valley High School

The old campus stands behind the new building now under
construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment