Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Poor Grandpa

I had put it off as long as I could but Grandpa really needed a haircut and today was the day!  I talked to him all day about the need for him to go to the barber to prepare him for the upcoming event (and that is not an exaggeration!  It was an event.)  We went this morning at 10:00 a.m. but it was so crowded I decided to come back later in the day.  We went again at 1:30 and there was still a wait but I knew that it was now or never.  It took us (the barber and me!) about 10 minutes to get him to agree to sit down in the chair.  Several times he pounded on the chair telling us that he couldn't do it.  I am so grateful that the barber didn't give up and we finally got him in the chair and covered with the cape.  Then the next part of the agony began.  By the time he was almost done my hand was turning blue from lack of blood flow.  I thought that he was going to take off running several times and honestly by the end the cape was wadded up and hair was everywhere but it was done!  Thank heavens hair doesn't grow fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment