Sunday, March 17, 2019

Addendum

It's a new day and I have been reminded that I have to remember!  The reality of Alzheimer's disease is that every day brings challenges.  Some we are able to deal with and others that often overwhelm us.  Yesterday I was overwhelmed.  Today I am grateful.  Grandpa remembered how to use the toilet this morning.  He had a sweet conversation with someone in the night.  He went to church and took the Sacrament.  He loved watching Spencer's Mountain on the television and was calm and peaceful through the whole movie.  He had moments of panic but today they were brief.  I am honored to be given such a gift to remember all of the wonderful memories that are stored in my mind and my heart.  Life is good and I am grateful to be a part of it!  What an incredible journey Grandpa and I are having!

No comments:

Post a Comment