Thursday, March 28, 2019

It Works!

So I have some good news and some bad news.  The bad news is that the Fire department showed up at our house this morning to rescue me.  The good news is that my Medical Alert works!  The morning was going so well.  I decided to do a few things around the house before I got dressed.  I made a loaf of Apple Pecan Praline bread.  I washed, blow dried, and styled my hair.  Changed the sheets on our bed and did a load of laundry.  I was going to paint another two doors but because of a dead pigeon I have to wait until tomorrow for that!  I then went in to get dressed for the day.    As is typical, dad followed me into the closet.  I realized that I didn't have my alarm wristband so I went back into the family room and found it.  I brought it into the closet and started dressing.  Grandpa got upset because he wanted to go back to bed (mind you it is 11:00 a.m.) and I told him no.  He picked up my wrist band and slammed it back down on top of the dresser.  Apparently in that process he must have pushed the button.  While dressing I heard someone talking but just thought it was the television.  Once dressed I came into the kitchen and while there I heard a big truck outside of our house.  I went to see what it was and unfortunately it was a big red fire engine!  I was pretty embarrassed when I opened the door.  The very nice fireman explained that they got a call from our Medical alert program and wanted to know if I was okay.  I wasn't because I wasted their time.  They were wonderful and I was able to contact the company to say it was a false alarm.  The rest is history.  Amy got a call, Andy got a call, and Bill got a call so it was nice communicate with each of them especially because it was a false alarm.  I'm sure I will hear from Christian before much longer!  The pathetic part of this whole business was my first thought--Oh good, I have something to put on the blog!  I have a very pathetic life (just kidding)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment