Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Caregiver Tip

#14  Enjoy the shadow
When I was in elementary school my friend and I participated in a talent show.  We sang Me and My Shadow.  It was quite good I have to say!  I have thought of that song a lot now that I have a big shadow right behind me.  I can't tell you how many times I have turned around and slammed into him, or stepped on his toes, or almost fell when I tripped over his feet.  I have talked to him about how dangerous it is for him to be so close but to no avail.  It has been kind of funny this week because I somehow hurt my leg and can hardly walk (it's getting better).  Because of that I literally take baby steps whenever I am walking.  I think it would be quite interesting to see him tip toeing behind me.  I haven't been to the bathroom by myself for almost two years and the concept of "privacy please" has escaped him.  One of the reasons I sit at the computer much of the day is so that he has to sit down and relax.  Believe it or not it is not as frustrating as it is comforting.  I often think to myself that there will be a time when I will wish he was right by me.  I have also thought that in order to have a shadow you have to have a source of light and I love thinking about how in our life we do have a Light that guides us, comforts us, and loves us.  Because of that--all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment