Saturday, March 9, 2019

Arizona Duncans

They now have ferry boat tours available, as well as a marina
market and a restaurant.  I was surprised how many people were
in the water.  I would think it was still pretty cold!
After a very difficult morning I made a decision.  We were going on a trip!  I was inspired by the fun one that our California Duncans had.  So I put Grandpa in the car and we headed out of town.  Today I took him to Saguaro Lake.  I hadn't been there since I was a teenager and it was fun to see it again.  Much had changed and there were definitely upgrades since we were there last.  I thought Grandpa would be more impressed.  He wasn't, but I definitely enjoyed our little jaunt.  The desert is so beautiful right now and it was nice to see the lavender and yellow wild flowers  When I was about 11 our cousins from Texas came for a visit and we went to the lake for the day.  My mom packed a big picnic for us and we had a great time.  The problem was that we didn't have sunscreen in those days and by the time we got home everyone looked like cooked lobsters.  It was so bad that most of us were throwing up and had a miserable few days.  Today was much better!

The lake was formed in about 1930 when the dam was built.

When we went to the lake there were no covered picnic areas.

Thought of Perry & Ellis when I saw this mountain to climb!

This is the Stewart Mountain Dam that made Saguaro Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment