Monday, March 25, 2019

Decision

I got a text today from Meg.  She wrote; "I have decided not to serve a mission right now.  In a couple of years when I am in a different place in my life I may decide to try again....I've prayed about this decision A LOT and I think Heavenly Father approves."  I think all of us have been aware of the struggles that Meg has had to go through to make this decision.  I know for sure, through my personal experiences in the last few years, that Heavenly Father does approve and accepts our offerings when they are freely given.  Meg is amazing and I know all of you will extend your love and support for her.

To Meg I want to share this quote from President Hinckley.  "Please don't nag yourself with thoughts of failure.  Don't set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve.  Simply do what you can do in the best way you know how and the Lord will accept your effort."  

I shared this thought before when Meg was given the option of doing a service mission and would like to share it again.  When Abraham was told to take Isaac and sacrifice him he accepted the request given and painfully put Isaac on the alter in preparation for the hardest thing he would ever have to do.  As he raised the knife the scriptures say, And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.  And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad...for now I know that thou fearest God." (Genesis 22:11-12)  Thank you Meg for your desire to serve.  Thanks for being willing to offer your services to the Lord.  Please continue to do your best and move forward in faith as we are all expected to do.  I love you Granddaughter and I am so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment