Tuesday, August 11, 2020

California Visit

My first trip to California was my first trip without Grandpa.; As I drove I thought a lot about the times we had gone back and forth over the years and there were sweet memories in those thoughts. I cut the trip in half and stopped in the high desert where I spent the night with the Andreasens. It was so much fun that when we realized it was 1 a.m. we couldn't believe it. While in the high desert I was able to visit with my great friend Pam Smith, Yvonne Angel, Francis Romero, Dorothy Whiting, the Redmonds, Cynthia Brassfield, Sheila Watts, and former co-workers Larry and Maureen Heller. It was wonderful to catch up and see everyone but I was excited to head up the state to Clovis. Before I left town I went by our old house, Andy and Angela's house, and the high school because when we left they were working on it and I wanted to see how it ended up. I enjoyed my time there but I also realized that I was ready to move on and make new friends in Gilbert. Because of Grandpa being sick we were pretty much homebodies and I hope in the coming year, especially when Covid is a bad memory, I can make new friends and have many new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment