Tuesday, August 11, 2020

California Visit

My first trip to California was my first trip without Grandpa. As I drove I thought a lot about the times we had gone back and forth over the years and there were sweet memories in those thoughts. I cut the trip in half and stopped in the high desert where I spent the night with the Andreasens. It was so much fun that
It was sad to see the neglect at Andy and Angela's old house and made me grateful they have such a beautiful new one!
I heard our house had sold again and was excited to see that they were taking good care of it.  I especially loved that they were flying the flag.

Victor Valley High School got a new look and I think it turned out pretty nice!

when we realized it was 1 a.m. we couldn't believe it. While in the high desert I was able to visit with my great friend Pam Smith, Yvonne Angel, Francis Romero, Dorothy Whiting, the Redmonds, Cynthia Brassfield, Sheila Watts, and former co-workers Larry and Maureen Heller. It was wonderful to catch up and see everyone but I was excited to head up the state to Clovis. Before I left town I went by our old house, Andy and Angela's house, and the high school because when we left they were working on it and I wanted to see how it ended up. I enjoyed my time there but I also realized that I was ready to move on and make new friends in Gilbert. Because of Grandpa being sick we were pretty much homebodies and I hope in the coming year, especially when Covid is a bad memory, I can make new friends and have many new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment