Thursday, August 13, 2020

Lehi, Utah

 My plan had been originally to drive to Utah. After dealing with some car issues I decided to fly instead.  It was actually one of the most pleasant flights I have ever taken.  The highlight of my time in the air was actually being able to see the Grand Canyon in all of it's glory.  It looks much different when you are elevated above it instead of standing on the rim of it.  Once in Utah the fun began with a dinner with my grandkids who are older and two of Meg's roommates.  It is always fun to hear their conversations and to enjoy just being among people I love so much.  The time in Utah gave me an opportunity to visit temples with Bill and Abby and Bruce.  I spent a lot of time just getting reacquainted with the area and I enjoyed seeing the changes that had taken place since Grandpa and I had been there for Austin and Rachel's wedding.  I got to see Meg's apartment, Katie at work, and Rachel and Austin.  Towards the end of the week we were joined by the California Duncan's and thanks to Perry had the most amazing smoked pork and then an evening watching fireworks.  May I just say that in spite of the Covid issues people came out and celebrated the 4th of July in amazing ways.  It made me so proud of be an American.  




No comments:

Post a Comment