Monday, August 17, 2020

Thank You Whitney's For Always Welcoming Me Back Home

 Maya Angelo wrote, "I sustain myself with the love of family.'  I know exactly what she meant and I agree.  All of you have welcomed me into your homes and treated me so well.  I am so grateful that I am your mother and grandmother.  I especially wanted to acknowledge the generosity and love extended to me since I moved into the Whitney's home and set up shop!  During this time I have never once been  made to feel unwanted or that I was in anyone's way.  I know that I did impose and I was in their way on a number of occasions but they truly extended love and patience at every turn.  Tomorrow I will leave behind the warmth and security I have felt and become a grown up again.  I am scared.  I am sad.  I am excited.  I am hopeful.  I am 70 years old and hopefully I have many years ahead of me.  I hope that I will learn how to do "alone time" well!  Christian told me that I would always be welcome to come back and I knew that he meant it.  Thank you my Arizona family for allowing me to be part of all of you!  Thank you Amy for being you!

No comments:

Post a Comment