Monday, August 10, 2020

Kind People

 

I think you know what I think about kind people but I had another sweet experience today that brought tears to my eyes.  I went into Costco to pick up the months missionary pictures.  When I went to the counter I told the lady who was there that I wanted to pick up pictures and gave her my name.  As she was getting my picture she asked, "How is your husband doing?"  I was so surprised because I have to admit I have been disappointed that people we saw on a regular basis has never asked that question.  I told her that he had passed away and of course tears started rolling down my face!  She was so nice and told me how sorry she was.  She said how bad she always felt for him because she could tell he was so confused and disoriented.  That was true and for those people who still tried to acknowledge him and let him know they cared about him were a great blessing.  She was one of those people.  After I paid for the pictures she handed me the pictures and and I noticed she had tears in her eyes.  She told me again she was sorry and hoped that I would be okay.  I am okay and actually that little act of kindness meant everything to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment