Sunday, August 16, 2020

Lego Extravaganza

 Peter told me earlier in the summer that he and Jeremy decided to rebuild all their Lego sets before school starts back up.  When Duncan, Jane, and I visited California Caleb and Duncan spent much of their time doing some serious Lego building as well! 

Lego sets have been a part of our family as long as I can remember so I decided to look into the history of this little brick.  Legos come to us from Billund. Denmark and were invented by Ole Kirk Christiansen.  He originally made wood toys but had an idea and made the first plastic interlocking pieces in 1949. According to Wikipedia in 2015 over 600 billion Legos had been produced.  I'm sure that number has more than doubled since them.  Another interesting fact is that Lego means "play well" and from my experience with our family that has definitely been a true interpretation!  I remember when Owen told his parents that when he grew up he wanted to be a Lego designer.  On a side note when I was a little girl stepping on a jack when you were barefooted was pure torture.  I think many a person can now say that an errant Lego on the ground can have that same effect!




And in all of this Legomania we can't forget Legoland!










No comments:

Post a Comment