Saturday, August 15, 2020

Fargo, North Dakota

 I had the chance to fly to Fargo and be there for Miriam's graduation open house.  They delayed it due to the quarantines.  I loved being in Fargo again and tasted some of the best pies I have ever eaten!  For almost a year Aunt Becky has been doing projects on the house and everything looked so nice.  I spent an entire day just watching her work her magic as she rolled out dough, made pie fillings, and filled the house with wonderful smells.  The next day the open house was a success as many friends and neighbors came and enjoyed the delicious pies and were able to congratulate Miriam, see Owen who is home for the summer, and say good-bye to both of them as they begin their next adventures.  I also saw some awesome Lego projects that Peter and Jeremy have spent most of the summer doing (more of this will follow in the next post!).  I learned an important lesson on this trip...don't use your middle name when you buy plane tickets because a 70 year old woman can be a terrorist who is trying to sneak onto a plan under an assumed name!  All ended well when they finally let me enter the airport after doing a not very quick background check.  








 

No comments:

Post a Comment