Sunday, November 9, 2014

Missionary Moments #10, November 9, 2014

What an interesting week we have had.  Our goal is to try to take 1500 pictures a day.  We make it about twice a week because if anything happens and we can't start right when we get to work we only make about 1000.  On Wednesday we decided to go in early to give us more time and of course the computer decided to freeze up.  After an hour on the phone with Salt Lake they finally said we need to replace a part and so for us that meant no pictures for the day.  We decided that it was time for a visit to the Boston Temple. What a nice day it ended up being.  Getting to the temple is like being in a huge maze and continually encountering a hedge.  After about an hour we decided to go back towards the way we came and then try to come up to the temple which finally was the answer.  It is bizarre to see the Angel Moroni from every point we were but unable to get to it.  That would be a dream I would typically have!  Once there, we were the only couple in the session which gave me much to reflect on.  How sad it would be if we didn't have all of our family with us when we make that final trip.  On Thursday morning we were back to work.  We had to wait for the part that was coming from SLC but I decided to turn the computer on and of course, everything started right up with no problems.  I called Salt Lake to let them know what had happened and then Grandpa and I got to work.

This week I woke up one morning and said, I love being here and working on these probate files. I usually add, "but I wish we could have gone overseas!"  Not this week...I feel content and excited to be part of such a great program and I am so proud to be serving with the best companion who never complains, always extends himself to others, and keeps me grounded and motivated to do my best.  Yesterday we took a map given to us by the head of the archives and drove all around west New Hampshire visiting little towns and villages.  We had a wonderful lunch in Keene, NH which became famous for it's "pumpkin chunking" which apparently involved carved pumpkins with candles in them which are placed on a catapult and sent flying.  Unfortunately, they became a little more famous this year because of a mini riot by drunk young adults which ended up causing some severe damage to cars and buildings down Main street. We drove in parts of Vermont as well and I did get some pictures that I hope to post some time this week.

One last thing I would like to mention was that when I was reading the Book of Mormon this week I had an epiphany!  I was reading in 2 Nephi 29:6-9 and the following jumped out at me.  It says, "Wherefore murmur ye because that ye shall receive more of my word?"  I don't think I have ever appreciated what was said in there until that day.  I wanted to go wake Grandpa up and talk to him about it!  When we attended zone conference the sisters asked the other missionaries what they hear a lot from investigators.  Many said, "We already have a Bible, why do we need more?"  So I say to them--are you complaining because a loving Heavenly Father has given you even more knowledge about what He wants you to know and do?  Even better is that he also has given to the world a Prophet, President Monson, and twelve apostles!  It is amazing when you think about it!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment