Monday, November 17, 2014

Why Grandpas and Grandmas Should go on a Mission!

There are so many good reasons to serve a mission.  But one of the exciting reasons is the wonderful pictures, cards, letters, emails, and poems you get from your grandkids.  When I decorated the wall by our kitchen table I anticipated being able to pin up all the cute things that the grandkids would send us.  The wall is getting full and sweet words and pictures keep coming.  This morning when we checked the mail we had such a cute picture from Peter and an amazing poem from Ava.  What a great way to start the week!
I want to thank the parents of our amazing grandkids who have encouraged them to keep in touch and for taking the time to keep us updated on what is going on in their families.  We are truly blessed. Being home with the grandkids is great and I can't wait to see them all again.  But I wouldn't give up the opportunities we are having to serve here in New Hampshire especially knowing we have wonderful family back home just cheering us on.  I hope you all enjoy Ava's cute poem.  It is now on my wall so I can see it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment