Sunday, November 2, 2014

Missionary Moments #9 November 2, 2014

Dear Family,  It has been a very wet and now very windy week.  We had planned to go to Boston to attend the temple and do some sight seeing but decided when we heard the weather report that we would wait until we were more comfortable driving in inclement weather.  Instead we winterized ourselves.  New coats, gloves, hats, snow scrapper, and kitty litter were purchased and now we won't panic when everything is sold out and we need it.  On Tuesday we attended our first and most marvelous zone conference where one of the things we learned was that kitty litter was better than sand and apparently cheaper so now if we get stuck in the snow we just put the litter (which is in a bag in our trunk) in front and back of the stuck tire and hope that we can get unstuck.  I have posted on the blog about the zone conference  if you would like to know more.  When I sit down to write the missionary moments for the week I want to say something significant and sometimes that comes easy because of what has happened and other times I struggle a bit.  Every day since we have been here we have had wonderful experiences and everyday we learn something important--even if it is to make sure we have a carbon monoxide monitor in our apartment.  This week I feel that I learned that Heavenly Father is very aware of what we are doing here in New Hampshire and that He wants it to be done right.  I unfortunately, bragged a little that we hadn't had to redo any of the files that we have captured, but of course, this week we had to redo 571 documents.  I had taken the pictures so I corrected them.  I couldn't see anything that would indicate that I had done wrong but I plugged along being very careful to retake each page.  About half way through I opened up a folder and retook several of the pages.  I picked up the next document in the folder and there had been no capture of the original document already on the computer.  This particular document had a great deal of information that would have been missed if I hadn't had to retake those pictures.  For some reason someone is going to need this information and now because I found a document that was missed on my first capture it will be available.  I hope we don't often have to redo what we have done but when that happens I know now that something important needs to be taken care of.

I haven't received any Halloween pictures yet but hope each family will send me copies.  I know we had some cute trick-or-treaters in our family and can't wait to see them and to share the pictures on the blog. Since we didn't leave town yesterday we did some local searching and found President Franklin Pierce's home and also found his graveside.  Check the blog this week and you can learn more about him.  It is hard to believe that two months are already behind us but the time is just speeding by.  Thank you for the phone calls, emails, letters, and pictures that you have sent.  They truly make our day!  Love, Grandpa and Grandma-Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment