Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Blessing #10 of 30

I am grateful for my Book Club!  I have only gone twice and yet I feel like I have met up again with long lost friends.  I thanked them today for accepting me so quickly as part of their group.  They have been meeting for some time and yet I feel like I have always known them and they have known me.  Talking about books is such a wonderful way to discover things about other people.  What they love.  What stirs their souls and  inspires them.  Beside the wonderful perspectives they shared on the book we read today I loved reading this book.  They have all the books for the next year and I am excited at the choices they have for each meeting.  This month we read a true story about a German pilot and an American pilot who met in the air and in a moment the German pilot put honor over expectation and did not make the final attack that would have killed everyone on board.  Instead he helped direct the pilot back towards England where he landed the plane safely.  Needless to say he never told anyone what he had done until the war had been over for many years.  Much of the story is told from the German pilots experience of being in Germany under the dictatorship of Hitler.  Definitely worth a read.  Next month--Persuasion!  And a Christmas luncheon.

No comments:

Post a Comment