Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Blessing #13 of 30

I am so grateful that we have the Scriptures.  When I finished reading the Book of Mormon recently I made a decision that I would read it again along with reading the New Testament.  It has been such a testimony builder to read the words on the Prophets in Israel and the words of the Prophets on the American continent.  Today in reading in Jacob 4:3 I loved this comment made by Jacob.  "Now in this thing we do rejoice; and we labor diligently to engraven these words upon plates, hoping that our beloved brethren and our children will receive them with thankful hearts, and look upon them that they may learn with joy and not with sorrow, neither with contempt, concerning their first parents."  From these beautiful words I then read in Luke 10 the parable of the Good Samaritan and was given direction by the Savior to "go and do likewise."  As I  do my daily scripture study I am encouraged, chastised, warned, and enlightened because I am able to bear witness that Jesus is the Christ.  How could I not be grateful for that!



No comments:

Post a Comment