Thursday, November 12, 2020

Blessing #5 of 30

I am so grateful for my life!  When I read this quote by Sister Hinckley I knew what my next post would be.  I have so many wonderful experiences that are tucked away in my heart.  Many of them because of all of you!  I have shed my share of tears, laughed until I hurt, worried myself sick, and basked in the glory of another day.  I have marveled at all that I have been given by a generous Heavenly Father who I knew loved and cared about me.  Throughout Grandpa's illness as hard as it was there was never a moment that I didn't have something to remind me that everything would be okay.  When Grandpa died I was so shocked by how much he had struggled and in an instant he was at peace.  I hope that when he reported in that he was able to say, "Wow!  What a ride."  I don't believe our lives should be a piece of cake.  It should involve stubbed toes, hurt feelings, painful experiences, disappointments and trials.  But sprinkled among those will be times of incredible happiness and joy.  I'm not in a hurry to have this journey end but everyday I plan to say Wow, what a ride!  I'm practicing for when I see grandpa again!

No comments:

Post a Comment