Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Blessing #4 of 30

When I was in high school my mom told me that she really wanted me to learn to sew.  Apparently, she was sorry she didn't do it when she had the chance and told me not to make the same mistake.  I did try to do whatever my mom asked and so I took a sewing class in high school.  I actually really enjoyed it and I was able to make many of my clothes when I was in high school and after.  Today I was making a dress for Eden and I thought a lot about my mom while doing it.  She loved to cook and she was really one of the best there was.  I am truly thankful that I had a mom who gave me good advice and perspective.  I have made a lot of dresses over the years and definitely used the things I learned while in the class.  I do have a confession though--I am never totally satisfied with anything I sew.  I know every mistake I made.  I often feel disappointed with the end results.  I am terrible at picking the right material and it always takes longer than I thought it should.  But I am at my last granddaughter that I can sew for.  I wanted to make her some dresses because when I see her in one of the outfits I made for her I am a happy and proud grandma!  I am blessed because I got to learn to sew.  I was blessed that I had a smart mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment