Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Blessing #2 of 30

 I am so grateful for cars--especially mine.  It got me through a terrible accident with only a few painful bruises.  In spite of the damage it was able to be repaired.   It took Grandpa and I across the United States twice and all over New England and even into Canada.  It has many miles on the odometer and still runs like a champ.  My recent reading about church history made me realize what amazing ancestors we had who came to settle this great country by walking across the United States or by boat, wagon, handcarts and the lucky ones came by train to their new homes.  I literally walk a few steps to my car and once in I turn a key and I'm off on an adventure!  No blisters on my feet of callouses on my hands.  I still remember trips to Texas as a little girl in a car with no refrigeration.  My mom would literally put wash clothes in our ice water jug then wring them out and hand it back to us to wipe away the sweat and cool off.  Now I drive in total comfort with the air conditioner blowing in the summer and heated seats and a car heater in the winter!  I can be entertained with books on tape in the CD player and when I'm really adventurous I can open up the top and let the air blow through the car.  Today I took a long ride around the edges of Gilbert to see places I had never been before.  It was a wonderful reminder of what a blessed life I have and what a nice car I have!


No comments:

Post a Comment