Friday, November 13, 2020

Blessing #6 of 30

 I am so grateful that we have a prophet on earth.  When our family became members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, David O. McKay was the prophet.  I remember seeing pictures of him with his thick white hair and a smile of his face.  Each prophet who followed had a large impact on my life.  In the Come Unto Christ manual it teachers that "Prophets guided God's people throughout biblical times--and continues to do so today."  I know that is true.  In Amos 3:17 the scripture tells us that "Surely the Lord will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."  It is such a great comfort to know that we do not have to wonder what God would have us do.  We are guided daily by a Prophet of God here on earth.  When President Nelson was called and sustained by us at the General Conference I was so touched when they put the camera on him and he had tears in his eyes.  How could I not be honored to call such a humble man a prophet of God.  I can't think of a greater blessing than that! 

 

Russel M. Nelson, Prophet of God

No comments:

Post a Comment