Sunday, November 29, 2020

Blessing #15 of 30

I live in a beautiful area surrounded by farmland.  As growth encroaches it may not be for much longer but while I still get to see furrows of dirt, acres and acres of different crops growing throughout the year (the advantage of an Arizona winter) I am so thankful for farmers.  It is such an easy thing to take for granted as I go to the store and pick up food without a thought about the hours of labor that produced the wonderful fruits, vegetables, and meats.   When I walk out of my apartment at times and my nose is assaulted with the pungent odor of manure I stop before I can complain because I know that the land around our area is being plowed for a new crop to turn those furrows of dirt into something lush and green that will sustain life.  Brett Brian wrote; "Farming is a profession of hope."  I am so thankful to those who haven't walked away from the land and go out each day with faith that what they plant will help them reap a harvest.  Farmers are a blessing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment