Saturday, November 7, 2020

I'm so Grateful!

 I was talking to Aunt Angela on the phone yesterday and she told me that she had done a Zoom Relief Society Activity for the sisters in her ward.  I knew that it would have been wonderful because that is typical of everything that she does.  She mentioned in the conversation that she had shared a story written by a teenage girl in Utah.  It was in the New Era entitled A Spoonful of Gratitude.  Basically she woke up in a "rotten" mood and decided she was going to have a miserable day.  While eating her breakfast she looked at a sign her mom had hanging in the kitchen which read, "Blessings brighten when you count them."  After she read the sign she began to argue with it!  Then she had a thought as she put a spoon of cereal in her mouth--"It would be mighty hard to eat your cereal without a spoon"  From that thought came many more until she came to a realization that she had so much to be grateful for.  For many reasons that article touched my heart and I realized that I need to be more aware of the blessings that I have every single day in my life.  President Uchtdorf once said, "Brothers and sisters, have we not reason to be filled with gratitude, regardless of the circumstances in which we find ourselves?"  And I can answer that question with a resounding YES!  You may not know this but for a number of years I kept a gratitude journal and each night before I went to bed I wrote one word description of things I was grateful for that day.  I'm not sure why I stopped doing it but I've decided that starting today though the rest of November I am going to share with you some things that I am very grateful for.  I hope that each of you will also take a minute each day to "count your blessings" too.

No comments:

Post a Comment